Subconscious Mind Power Articles
Tips to take the stress out of exams
Featured in Family Capers Magazine September 18, 2015
Students , parents and teachers put unnecessary pressure on students to get the very best marks.Unfortunately as with any situation we do not perform at our best when we are under pressure as the brain moves into survival mode study mode. So the more stress, the less is achieved.
As a student the best thing you can do is to set up a study timetable as this will take off the worry and enable you to get the maximum study done in the minimum time.
- Take an afternoon break between school or University and when you start study.
- Set up your own desk or area with paper, pen, computer – everything you need so that you are not hunting around for anything – it is always right there at your fingertips. Before you go to bed reset the desk for the next night.
- Always study at the same desk or place – you want your brain trained so that sitting at the desk means for it to switch on maximum concentration
- Do most important homework before dinner and then set aside 3-4 hours for finishing homework/study after dinner. Ensure dinner break is fully relaxing time for you
- Start study at the same time every night as your brain will train itself that as you sit down at your desk your mind is already conditioned to study – and you will get the maximum benefit .
- Take a 10 minute break every hour to refresh yourself, stretch – do not watch TV as this will extend the break time and you want your mind switched on to study not relaxation
If you divide the number of chapters of each book into the number of weeks you have before the exams e.g. 10 weeks to exams and you have 10 chapters of a book to revise or study. Then you know that if you do just 1 chapter a week you will have studied the entire book before the exam. Then assign the night that you will do that chapter and do it. Do this with each of your textbooks so everything will be covered by the exam time.
If you study every night and have divided your books into the weeks available, then you will take off the stress, you will get the maximum out of your mind and you will be as ready as you can be for the exams. As you head for the exam remember you have done all you can and that is the most important thing.
Sometimes students who study hard still fail – and this may be your mind telling you that the career you were studying for is not really what you want to do but rather what you think you are expected to do. Our mind always works for us – you may find that your subconscious mind has given you an out so that you can pursue something that would suit you better. If you really do what you love you will be fulfilling your life purpose and be happy too – and if you love what you do you will always succeed.
Good luck and happy studying!